The App Key is an identifier that dftly Users will use when they login Time Tracker application for the first time on their device. All Time Tracker Users can use the same App Key, but more App Keys can be generated by the Salesforce Admin using Salesforce ID.
More App Key must be generated when there is a different group/types of Time Tracker Uses in your Org and each group needs a different type of configurations to be available when they login Time Tracker.
Here are instructions for generating App key.
- Login to your Salesforce Admin ID
- Go to the dftly Time Tracker Apps object from your menu or you may be able to get to the object from the App Launcher (the nine dots on the top left)
- Click the New button on the right-hand top of the screen
- Key in a name for your entry. The name can be anything that you can remember easily - maybe a group name
- Click the Save button. At this point, Salesforce generates an alphanumeric App Key automatically and shows it in the App Key field. This is the App Key that you need to share with your users, for them to register themselves into dftly Time Tracker on their phones
- Go to the "All" view to see the App Key that you just set up