- Default scheduler
- Config scheduler
More information about how the default Scheduler works is given below
The Auto Scheduler is an automatic process that runs at a frequency that you can set up. By default, we suggest that you set it up to run once every day.
The Auto Scheduler does the following:
- If a volunteer has checked in to a Shift but not checked out, then the Auto Scheduler Checks the volunteer out at the scheduled Shift End time
- If a volunteer has manually checked out, then the Check out time is NOT changed
- For all Volunteer Hours records that have associated timesheet detail records, the Volunteer Hours Status is updated from Web Signup / Confirmed to Completed.
Ex: If you have set Scheduler to run at 9.00 p.m. the Scheduler will search for Shifts where the Shift End time is before 9.00 p.m. and auto check out volunteers who have only Checked in and not Checked out for the Shifts and update the volunteer status from confirmed to completed.
Shifts which have an End Time greater than 9.00 p.m., will be considered in the next run of the Scheduler i.e., the next day when the scheduler runs at 9.00 p.m.
The scheduler auto-calculates the hours from Check-In to Check-Out time and updates the Hours worked for the volunteers. The scheduler ignores the Shift duration and updates the hours worked by the volunteer from Check-In to Check-out time.
Click here to know more about activating the default scheduler in your Salesforce org
More information about how the Config Scheduler works
The config scheduler is the scheduler which auto checks out volunteer at the Shift end time and updates the volunteer status from Confirmed to Completed.
The config scheduler also updates the hours worked by the volunteer as the Shift duration.
- If the Shift is from 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. (Shift duration is 2 hours) and if the volunteer has Checked-In for the same shift at 3.00 p.m. the scheduler auto checks out volunteer at 5.00 p.m. instead of shift end time at 6.00 p.m. as the shift duration is for 2 hours
- The scheduler then updates the hours worked by the volunteer as 2 hours and updates the volunteer status from Confirmed to Completed
The dftly team is working to give an option for enabling the config scheduler from the frontend also. This functionality will be enabled in the future releases of the upgraded version of V4S Mobile.