Yes, you can automatically track time for Cases/Opportunities or any other Object in Salesforce. The special feature allows the Salesforce user to tracker time for an object from the view page/screen of an object.
To enable this feature, please link the TT User with Salesforce User in the TT User table. Click here to know more. Track Time within Salesforce works only if the TT User is linked with Salesforce User.
This feature is usable in Mobile Time Tracker version 1.52 onward. If you are on a lower edition of the Time Tracker, please upgrade (or ask your Salesforce Administrator to upgrade) the Mobile Time Tracker to the latest edition from the AppExchange.
Once you have the correct version of the Mobile Time Tracker app, please follow the instructions below for enabling automatic time tracking for any object that you want to such as, Opportunity/Project/Case/Account.
I have selected Project as an example
- Log in to Salesforce as an Administrator
- Go to the Projects Tab
- Click on any Project (name) from the Projects list. The automatic time tracking can be enabled only from the view page for Mobile Time Tracker
- From Project view, click the Settings button (the gear icon) on the top right-hand side of the Salesforce screen
- Click edit page from the dropdown list (of Settings tab)
- The screen is redirected to the Lightning component screen. Search for Tab in the search box
- Drag and drop the "Tab" sidebar towards the right-hand side
- Remove the Related tab in the screen which is on the right-hand side below the Save button on the Tabs list
- Click on Details tab and select Custom in the list for Details tab
- Select Custom label as Track Time
- Click the Done button
- From the search options search for "record_time_on_view" (Please search exactly as mentioned, with the underscore details)
- Drag and drop it in the track time column
- Save the changes by clicking the Save button
- Once you make the changes as explained in this article you can see the time tracking component added to the project view screen to track time
- Now click the Activation button which is next to the Save button
- You see a pop-up screen of Activation: TT Project Record page
- Go to App Default sub-tab and scroll down to see the button Assign as app default
- Select Mobile Time Tracker
- Click the next button
- Click the Save button
- Now the screen is back to the TT Project Record page, click the Save button and save the changes
- Click the back button to go back to the project view screen and you see the Track Time added to the project view page for tracking time
Once the TT user clicks any Project and goes to the view page, the Time Tracker automatically starts tracking time for the selected Project and the hours worked is saved in the TT Details tab.